Stable Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly place to come and chat about your favourite four legged friends!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sad news

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
samtaylor

samtaylor

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2006-11-05

sad news Empty
PostSubject: sad news   sad news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 5:04 am

On saturday night our colt, Blue, got choke. He was really bad so the vet was called out and gave him drugs to try calm him down and then anti-biotics and then anti-inflamitaries. He said it was probably a big bit of carrot or he was just eating his food too fast, which is more likely coz he is a really greedy pony.
He told us to just keep an eye on him over the next few days and give him only small amounts of soaked hay and only a small feed made really sloppy, so it doesnt scratch his throat.
On sunday he seemed fine. He was biting and trying to kick again, which is more like his old self, as colts usually are.
Then yesterday morning i got a fone call from my friend saying he had died. She was with him all monday night coz he seemed not himself. She said he got worse very quickly so she called the vet. He started walking into walls and was swaying on his feet. Then he got very shaky and collapsed. He died before the vet got there. But he said there was nothing he could of done to help him anyway.
But no one knows why he got like that and died. not even the vvet knows.
It upsets me more because there just seems to be no explanation.
It is such a terrible waste! He was only a baby. We hand reared him ourselves as his mother died when he was only a few weeks old.
I did all the work lunging him and getting him ready for the shows. He won so much in the local shows in youngstock and mountain and moorland small breeds classes. I was just gonna start getting him fit again for the showing season as we were hoping to go to the big Fflint and Denbigh show with him. He had so much potential!
I have never known a horse to die like that.
Does anyone else have any ideas? Coz its really doing my head in!
I want to know if it could have been prevented? Was i missing some kind of sign that he wasnt right?
Thanks for reading
sam xxxx
Back to top Go down
jo

Number of posts : 137

sad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: sad news   sad news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 12:20 pm

sorry no ideas but just want to say how sorry i am.

jo
Back to top Go down
Debs
Admin

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2006-11-01

sad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: sad news   sad news Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 4:15 pm

awww thats really sad Crying or Very sad

I've never known it either hun.

Don't beat yourself up over it though hun, you did what you had to, you had the vet out so no you didn't miss something.

Hope you are ok xxxx
Back to top Go down
https://stabletalk.forumotion.com
samtaylor

samtaylor

Number of posts : 219

sad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: sad news   sad news Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 1:28 pm

Thanks girls.
I know theres nothing else i could have done, its just upsetting when they go like that without any warning. It could have been any number or things i spose, brain tumour maybe.
He has been buried up at a Shire horse breeding farm near where we live.
Thanks again.
Sam xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sad news Empty
PostSubject: Re: sad news   sad news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sad news
Page 1 of 1