Stable Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly place to come and chat about your favourite four legged friends!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

blindness???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
samtaylor

samtaylor

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2006-11-05

blindness??? Empty
PostSubject: blindness???   blindness??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 2:41 pm

My auntie has bought a 2yr old cob which i have just started to work with as she wants me to break him in for her. He is a typical 2yr old. Im used to them, but im sure he is blind in his right eye.
You can do wot u like on his left side but as soon as you move to his right side he tries to turn in on you to face you. I tried lunging him for the first time today. I got him going round on the left hand rein, but wen i tried the otherside he just wudnt go. He would keep spinning round the other way and was acting very spooky. I didnt want to scare him as it was are first day lunging so i turned him round and just stayed on his good side.
His eye looks completely normal. No cloudiness or anything. its exactly the same as the other. any other blind horses i seen, the eye has been different from the good eye.
I was just wondering if maybe it was anything else?
Back to top Go down
Debs
Admin

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2006-11-01

blindness??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: blindness???   blindness??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 4:11 pm

Hmmm, theres obviously something troubling him.

So he does this no matter what it is your doing with him, not only lunging?
Back to top Go down
https://stabletalk.forumotion.com
samtaylor

samtaylor

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2006-11-05

blindness??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: blindness???   blindness??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 7:16 am

Debs wrote:
Hmmm, theres obviously something troubling him.

So he does this no matter what it is your doing with him, not only lunging?

yep. As soon as u step on that side of him he turns in on you. just grooming was difficult enough.
Back to top Go down
Debs
Admin

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2006-11-01

blindness??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: blindness???   blindness??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 4:07 pm

To be honest hun, it may be worth getting him checked over by a vet before you break him in.

You need to check hes not in any pain etc.
Back to top Go down
https://stabletalk.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

blindness??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: blindness???   blindness??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blindness???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stable Talk :: The Stables! :: General Stable Talk-
Jump to: