Stable Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly place to come and chat about your favourite four legged friends!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tongue chewing!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Beany

Beany

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Tongue chewing!! Empty
PostSubject: Tongue chewing!!   Tongue chewing!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi all, its been a while since I have been on here, changed computers and lost the link. Just brought a new horse a had to rack my brain to remember the name of the forum. Glad to be back.
I brought a new horse in May and it is not going too well.
He is absolutly gorgeous and I love him to pieces. He is a 5 yrs old welsh section D and was only backed in the winter. I brought him off an aquaintace who brought him just after he had been backed and has totally ruined him to the point that I can't get on him he is so scared!!
When I got him back to the yard he was shaking he was so scared and he has come along way and is alot beter to handle etc. I am sending off in a week to be re backed and schooled as with two children 4yrs and 2yrs I just don't have the time to do it myself.
The problems I have with him is that one I can't catch him easily when he is out and hvae to get the other two horses in before he will come anywhere near me and thesecond thing is that when he is in the stable or tied on the yard he chews his tongue. He really sticks it right out the side of his mouth and chews it. I have been around horses all my life and have neer come across this before. He has recently had his teeth done and there are nop problems. I am not sure if it is a nervous thing he does?? Any ideas and adice would be appreciated.
Thanks Karina
p.s will post pics
Back to top Go down
Debs
Admin

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2006-11-01

Tongue chewing!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tongue chewing!!   Tongue chewing!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Can't say i have come accross this either! Don't know what to suggest!
Back to top Go down
https://stabletalk.forumotion.com

Tongue chewing!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stable Talk :: The Stables! :: Equine Health-
Jump to: