Stable Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly place to come and chat about your favourite four legged friends!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mistreated horses

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Debs
Admin

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2006-11-01

Mistreated horses Empty
PostSubject: Mistreated horses   Mistreated horses Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 4:58 pm

I'm really mad cos theres alot of horses round here that are not looked after properly at all Crying or Very sad

Theres a load quite near me just tethered up on some overgrown grass, and they never ever have any water or anything, they are just left there. And there is some more further away by the main road which must be owned by the same person cos they too are just tethered up with no water.

The poor things must be gagging in this hot whether. And also they have no shelter at all. All they have is the chain which they are tied up with.

Anyway, the ones which are down the main road, we quite often see them out driving, its not a pretty site though, they look tired and scruffy and by the way they are only youngsters and they are shod and everything. They usually drive one of them which i presume is an older and more experienced horse and then they have a youngster tied onto the driving horse and trotting along at the side.

This also causes havoc on the road cos the men driving have no control over the youngster on the side, and they are usually all over the place as they just have a head collar on and tied to the other horse by a lead rope.

Does this sound totoally wrong to you?

Why are these people allowed to just dump their horses like that, with no water or shelter?

Surely this is classed as neglect?
Back to top Go down
https://stabletalk.forumotion.com
samtaylor

samtaylor

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2006-11-05

Mistreated horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistreated horses   Mistreated horses Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:26 am

i would class that as neglect! thats terrible. I would go mad!
I hate seeing things like that. I dont meen to offend anyone when i say thisbut, are they gypsys who own them? im nothing against them personally, its just i hav known some to do that.
Its cruel and there is no need for it.
Back to top Go down
Debs
Admin

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2006-11-01

Mistreated horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistreated horses   Mistreated horses Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 3:04 pm

I don't think they are gypsies, they have been around too long for that i think. Maybe the ones up near me are gypsies i don't know, they are certainly gypsy type horses, the typical coloured cobs.

Anyway, i don't think the others are gypsies, the ones we see driving about, cos like i say they have been around for too long and i am very sorry to say, i saw the bloke who i sold my ponies to on the cart once Shocked I couldn't believe it, i knew he was a dealer back then but i never thought he was such an arse! Or maybe he was looking to buy one, who knows.

I reckong these guys are just out to make money or something, some sort of dealers, cos what else do they get out of it! Why have these gorgeous animals if you are just gonna tie them up and leave them? Its so sad.

I wish i could rescue them all Smile
Back to top Go down
https://stabletalk.forumotion.com
angie

angie

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Mistreated horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistreated horses   Mistreated horses Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 5:44 am

i hate to say this but people only get away with it because people allow it! for example if the horse is too young what farrier would shoe it! i would report it hun if it is neglect then the rspca can make sure the horses are either treated better or taken away to a better home!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mistreated horses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistreated horses   Mistreated horses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mistreated horses
Page 1 of 1